Pumpkin Painting for Kids is perfect for getting creative and practicing fine motor skills with your kids this Fall! Don’t forget to add this painting for kids activity to your next Fall preschool theme!
This year the little guy and baby girl decorated pumpkin in a bit of an unconventional way. Instead of carving pumpkins, we painted them! After all, who doesn’t love Pumpkin Painting for Kids? This was such a quick and easy Halloween process art activity.
This post may contain affiliate links which means I may receive a small commission at no additional cost to you if an item is purchased through one of these links. For more information, please see my full disclosures.
Pumpkin art is the perfect process art activity for preschoolers for kindergartners this Fall. And of course, mini pumpkin painting is great for encouraging creative thinking and problem-solving skills in your classroom or homeschool. Not to mention encouraging your little learners to practice important fine motor skills with this cute Halloween pumpkin craft.
Create abstract art, paint faces, or explore paint pouring techniques with these easy pumpkin painting ideas for kids. Either way, your children’s adorable Halloween painted pumpkins make wonderful decorations.
There are so many amazing benefits to creating these painted pumpkins for kids. Process art is perfect for building communication skills as you’re having back and forth conversations with your preschoolers and kindergartners, discussing the colors and techniques they’re using, and even practicing important listening skills.
I’m willing to bet that your little learners will have lots of mini pumpkin painting ideas. After all, process art is perfect for exploring new materials and mediums.
Keep reading for even more Halloween printables and activities for preschoolers and kindergartners!
What you’ll need
- Plastic Tray
- Small Plastic Cups
- Paint Brushes
Here’s how to do it
- Put some paint in each of the small plastic cups.
- Set out a plastic tray with the pumpkins, paintbrushes, and paint.
- Encourage your little kids to get creative.
We grabbed mini pumpkins from our local grocery store, but you could use any size pumpkin. The possibilities are endless with this quick and easy pumpkin painting for kids.
Halloween is one of our favorite holidays and we still have lots of awesome ideas for little kids to share, so definitely keep an eye out for even more Fall learning fun!
Halloween Preschool Theme
We’ve shared so many quick & easy Halloween ideas in the last year, which means you’re sure to find something your preschoolers and kindergartners will love.
- Practice sequencing with this Free Printable How to Carve a Pumpkin Sequencing printable. You can print this one in color and/or black and white, which means lots of options for cutting and pasting practice or even creating a wonderful literacy center.
- These Free Printable Tracing Halloween Preschool Worksheets are perfect for strengthening fine motor skills.
- Create your very own Fall Harvest Sensory Bin and explore lots of unique colors and textures. This harvest-themed sensory activity is a wonderful opportunity for encouraging dramatic play.
- Make lots of cute crafts and activities with this Free Printable Pumpkin Template. The post includes lots of ideas to get you started!
- These Free Printable Pumpkin Math for Preschoolers printables are great for practicing important early math skills.
You can use these engaging and hands-on ideas to put together an entire week of Halloween-themed fun that your little kids are sure to remember. Make pumpkin process art, grab a few free printables, and of course, add some pumpkin read alouds too.
Don’t forget to check back if you’re interested in seeing what we’re up to next week with our EcoVenture theme!