These Sequencing Worksheets are perfect for practicing story sequencing and reading comprehension skills with preschoolers and kindergartners; and with lots of different themes, you’re sure to find something your little kids will love! You’ll find lots of Kindergarten Worksheets and of course some preschool worksheets too!
You won’t want to miss these adorable sequencing worksheets. They are perfect for building important early learning skills with your preschoolers and kindergartners.
Sequencing printables help kids practice putting events in order, story sequencing, and build important reading comprehension skills too.
This post may contain affiliate links which means I may receive a small commission at no additional cost to you if an item is purchased through one of these links. For more information, please see my full disclosures.
I’ve created a variety of fun story sequencing worksheets for you to use at home with your little learners or in the classroom. These printables are ready to go, just download and print.
Practicing sequencing has big benefits for little kids.
How To Teach Sequencing to Preschoolers
Need some preschool homeschool ideas on how to teach sequencing skills? I’ve got you covered! Today, I’m sharing my secrets on how to teach sequencing to preschoolers. Plus my favorite sequencing worksheets for kids too!
If you want to learn more about the benefits of teaching your preschool and kindergarten learners about ordering the sequence of events, then definitely keep reading to get a list of learning benefits as well as lots of exciting printable worksheets that your little kids are sure to love.
Understanding story sequencing helps children to follow along with a story more easily. Sequencing refers to a child’s ability to order events, thoughts, or images.
It allows children to more easily recognize patterns and predict what happens next. Understanding patterns and predictability is important for reading comprehension as well as early math skills.
Story sequencing involves identifying the beginning, middle, and end of the story. Children with good sequencing skills can recount the story or events in order without much difficulty.
Plus, it’s an easy way to help your students practice ordering events while having fun. I’ve also added some free sequencing worksheets for you to try too! Check out the many different options below.
Free Sequencing Worksheets
3 Step Sequencing
These Free Printable Sequence of Events Worksheets are perfect for practicing putting events in order with preschool learners or children new to sequencing.
There is a beginning image, middle image, and ending image. Children can practice their fine motor skills by cutting and pasting the pages in the correct order.
If your little learner isn’t quite ready for scissors, you can cut them out beforehand. Then, have your child arrange the pictures in the correct order. Finally, have fun coloring for more fine motor practice. Check out the adorable free sequencing stories in these worksheets.
- Birthday Cake
- Exploding Volcano
- Gumball Machine
- Monster Face
- Peanut Butter & Jelly
4 Step Sequencing
For a bit more advanced practice, try these Free Sequencing Cut and Paste Worksheets with your kindergarten learners. Children will need to use clues and critical thinking skills to determine the order of events.
These free 4 step sequencing worksheets are “how to…” printables. These are perfect for building reading comprehension skills. Check out these 4 step stories with your little learners.
- Make a Banana Split
- Bake a Cake
- Eat a Watermelon
- Make Lemonade
- Make Toast
Looking for more free 4-Step Sequencing Worksheets for preschoolers and kindergartners?
- These Free Printable Ocean Kindergarten Sequencing Worksheets are the perfect addition to your undersea unit study.
- Use these Free Printable Sequencing Activities for Preschoolers with your next island theme or even have a pirate adventure!
- These Free Sports Printable Sequencing Worksheets are a great way for your little sports fans to practice important early learning skills.
- Learn about pets with these Free Printable Pets Story Sequence Worksheets
- These Free Printable Chores Story Sequencing Worksheets for Kindergarten are a great way to explore everyday chores.
- Satisfy your sweet tooth with Free Printable Sweet Treats Sequencing Worksheets for Preschoolers.
- Practice following directions with these How To Sequencing of Events Activities for Preschoolers & Kindergartners.
- Check out these Free Printable Carnival Sequence of Events Worksheets for some carnival-themed summer learning.
- These Free Printable Preschool Sequencing Worksheets teach preschoolers and kindergartners important personal hygiene routines including brushing their teeth and washing their hands.
- Blast off to space with these Free Story Sequencing Worksheets for Preschoolers & Kindergartners!
Cut and Paste Sequencing Worksheets
These cut and paste sequencing worksheets are a great way to practice order of events and fine motor skills with your preschool and kindergarten-aged learners this school year.
- This free printable pack of Sequencing Cut and Paste worksheets includes several different sequence stories that are perfect for preschoolers and kindergartners.
- Practice sequencing skills with your early learners using these adorable Free Printable Cut and Paste Sequencing Worksheets.
- Check out these engaging and hands-on Free Sequencing Worksheets that make practicing order of events and sequencing skills lots of fun for preschool and kindergarten-aged learners.
- These cute Cut and Paste Story Sequencing Worksheets make a great morning work activity for your classroom or homeschool.
- Use these free Picture Sequencing Worksheets to strengthen fine motor skills while practicing sequencing at the same time. You’re definitely not going to want to miss them!
- Free Cut and cut-and-paste sequencing Worksheets like these are perfect for practicing important early learning skills such as hand-eye coordination.
Sequence of Events Worksheets
Perfect for preschool and kindergarten, this big set of 25 worksheets includes lots of fun ways to practice 3 step sequencing with your little learners! Check out some of the fun themes in this 3-Step Sequencing Worksheets bundle below.
- Egg Hatching
- Ice Cream
Story Sequencing for Preschoolers and Kindergartners
These Free Printable Story Sequencing Worksheets are perfect for practicing important early learning skills such as problem-solving, picture sequencing, and of course fine motor skills.
- How To Make Jelly Toast
- How To Pack A Lunch
- How To Wash Your Hands
- How To Get Ready for Bed
Cut and Paste Sequencing Worksheets
And of course, we can’t forget about the seasons and holidays too! I’ve put together lots of fun free cut and paste sequencing worksheets focused on our favorite seasons and holidays throughout the year!
- Practice putting events in order this February with these adorable Free Printable How To Mail A Valentine Sequencing Worksheets.
- Explore how to plant a seed, how to dress for rain, how to fly a kite, and how to catch a fish with these Free Printable Spring Sequencing Worksheets.
- Your preschoolers and kindergartners are sure to love these cute Free Printable Spring Cut and Paste Sequencing Worksheets.
- These Free Printable Summer Cut and Paste Sequencing Worksheets include how to grill hamburgers and hotdogs, build a sandcastle, roast marshmallows, and pour a glass of lemonade.
- Practice order of events and sequencing with this fun Free Printable Fishing Cut and Paste Sequencing Worksheets set.
- This Free Printable Ice Cream Sequencing Activity is perfect for all of your June, July, and August lesson plans. After all, who doesn’t love ice cream on a hot summer day?
- Practice cutting and pasting to put events in order this fall using these Free Printable How to Make an Apple Pie Sequencing Worksheets.
- Explore sequencing with these adorable fall-themed free worksheets. Check out these Free Printable How to Make a Pumpkin Pie Sequencing Worksheets!
- Your young children will have tons of fall leaf fun while practicing important sequencing skills with these Free Printable How to Rake Leaves Sequencing Worksheets.
- Halloween language arts activities like these Free Printable Potions Sequencing Halloween Preschool Worksheets are perfect for practicing sequencing skills in a fun, holiday-themed way.
- Learn how to carve a pumpkin with these Free Printable How to Carve a Pumpkin Sequencing Halloween Worksheets for Preschoolers.
- These fun How to Cook a Turkey Thanksgiving Worksheets for Kindergarten are a great way to practice important language and literacy skills this November.
- Your kindergartners will have a blast learning how to decorate a Christmas tree with these Free Printable Christmas Sequencing Worksheets.
- Put together a fun how to wrap a Christmas gift sensory bin and don’t forget to include these Free Printable Christmas Sequencing Events Worksheets to wrap up the holiday fun.
- These Free Printable How to Make Cookies for Santa Christmas Sequencing Worksheets are a fun addition to your winter writing centers. Don’t forget to grab a set!
- Practice sequencing skills and explore how to build a snowman, how to dress for winter, and more with these Free Printable Winter Sequencing Worksheets.
Winter Sequencing Worksheets
- These Free Printable How to Build a Snowman Winter Sequencing Worksheets are perfect for learning how to build a snowman with your little learners this winter.
- Explore the process of throwing a snowball with these adorable Free Printable How to Throw a Snowball Winter Sequencing Worksheets.
- These Free Printable How to Make Hot Chocolate Winter Sequencing Worksheets are perfect for exploring important early literacy skills with your kindergartners this January.
- If your kiddos are curious about skiing, they’ll love these Free Printable How to Go Skiing Winter Sequencing Worksheets.
- Check out these Free Printable How to Go Sledding Winter Sequencing Worksheets! They’re perfect for strengthening fine motor skills while practicing order of events in your classroom or homeschool
- These Free Printable How to Go Ice Fishing Winter Sequencing Worksheets are a great way to introduce lots of fun winter topics to your preschoolers and kindergartners this winter.
- Practice getting dressed to play outside with your kindergartners this winter and then use these Free Printable How to Get Dressed for Snow Winter Sequencing Worksheets to review what you’ve learned.
- Use these Free Printable How to Put on a Snowsuit Winter Sequencing Worksheets to practice putting steps in the correct order with your early learners this January.
I’ve created some fun seasonal sequence stories. There are 16 different order of event worksheets covering all 4 seasons of the year.
These worksheets are perfect for talking about the progression of the seasons with your preschool and kindergarten students.
Practicing putting these seasonal events in order can help children make sense of the changing weather and begin to understand the natural progression of the year in a fun and engaging way.
Check out the 4-step sequencing worksheets available in this Sequence Worksheets for Kindergarten bundle.
- Spring: Plant, Rain cloud, Arch, Bird’s nest
- Summer: BBQ, Campfire, Sandcastle, Lemonade
- Fall: Raking leaves, Apple pie, Scarecrow, Apple basket
- Winter: Fireplace, Hot chocolate, Snowman, Snow fort
Looking for even more 4-step seasons Sequencing Worksheets for Kindergarten? I just created a brand new bundle with even more sequence stories.
- Spring – Bird Nest, Birdhouse, Easter Eggs, Flower, Rainbow
- Summer – Diving, Kite, Ice Cream, Frozen Treat, Sandcastle
- Fall – Apples, Tree, Pumpkin, Raking Leaves, Squirrel
- Winter – Baking, Building, Candle, Snowman, Tree
Story Sequencing Worksheets
These engaging and hands-on sequencing worksheets are perfect for practicing story sequencing and fine motor skills with your kiddos all year long!
- Spring Story Sequencing Worksheets
- Summer Story Sequencing Worksheets
- Fall Story Sequencing Worksheets
- Winter Story Sequencing Worksheets
Want more fun printables? Check out my other preschool and kindergarten worksheets. The life cycle activity worksheets are perfect for talking about order and sequence in the natural world with your little learners.
Check out these other awesome ideas for little kids!
- Find lots of quick and easy no-prep printable Preschool Worksheets!
- Learn important math and literacy skills with these printable Kindergarten Worksheets.
- This list is full of Free Coloring Pages to practice fine motor skills with your kindergarten learners.
- Explore creative thinking and problem-solving skills with these fun and engaging Process Art activities.
- Can’t get enough preschool and kindergarten worksheets? Check out my Teachers Pay Teachers store!
Is there a sequencing worksheet theme you want to see next? Share your ideas in the comments, I’m always looking for fun new themes to explore!