These Sequencing Worksheets are perfect for practicing story sequencing and reading comprehension skills with preschoolers and kindergartners; and with lots of different themes, you’re sure to find something your little kids will love! You’ll find lots of Kindergarten Worksheets and of course some preschool worksheets too!
You won’t want to miss these adorable sequencing worksheets. They are perfect for building important early learning skills with your preschoolers and kindergartners.
Sequencing printables help kids practice putting events in order, story sequencing, and build important reading comprehension skills too.
This post may contain affiliate links which means I may receive a small commission at no additional cost to you if an item is purchased through one of these links. For more information, see my disclosures here.
I’ve created a variety of fun story sequencing worksheets for you to use at home with your little learners or in the classroom. These printables are ready to go, just download and print.
Want to learn more about the benefits of teaching your preschool and kindergarten learners about ordering the sequence of events? Keep reading to get a list of learning benefits and lots of exciting printable worksheets too.
Practicing sequencing has big benefits for little kids.
Understanding story sequencing helps children to follow along with a story more easily. Sequencing refers to a child’s ability to order events, thoughts, or images.
It allows children to more easily recognize patterns and predict what happens next. Understanding patterns and predictability is important for reading comprehension as well as early math skills.
Story sequencing involves identifying the beginning, middle, and end of the story. Children with good sequencing skills can recount the story or events in order without much difficulty.
Plus, it’s an easy way to help your students practice ordering events while having fun. I’ve also added some free sequencing worksheets for you to try too! Check out the many different options below.
Free Sequencing Worksheets
3 Step Sequencing
These Free Printable Sequence of Events Worksheets are perfect for practicing putting events in order with preschool learners or children new to sequencing.
There is a beginning image, middle image, and ending image. Children can practice their fine motor skills by cutting and pasting the pages in the correct order.
If your little learner isn’t quite ready for scissors, you can cut them out beforehand. Then, have your child arrange the pictures in the correct order. Finally, have fun coloring for more fine motor practice. Check out the adorable free sequencing stories in these worksheets.
- Birthday Cake
- Exploding Volcano
- Gumball Machine
- Monster Face
- Peanut Butter & Jelly
4 Step Sequencing
For a bit more advanced practice, try these Free Sequencing Cut and Paste Worksheets with your kindergarten learners. Children will need to use clues and critical thinking skills to determine the order of events.
These free 4 step sequencing worksheets are “how to…” printables. These are perfect for building reading comprehension skills. Check out these 4 step stories with your little learners.
- Make a Banana Split
- Bake a Cake
- Eat a Watermelon
- Make Lemonade
- Make Toast
Looking for more free 4-Step Sequencing Worksheets for preschoolers and kindergartners?
- These Free Printable Ocean Kindergarten Sequencing Worksheets are the perfect addition to your undersea unit study.
- Use these Free Printable Sequencing Activities for Preschoolers with your next island theme or even have a pirate adventure!
- These Free Sports Printable Sequencing Worksheets are a great way for your little sports fans to practice important early learning skills.
- Learn about pets with these Free Printable Pets Story Sequence Worksheets
- These Free Printable Chores Story Sequencing Worksheets for Kindergarten are a great way to explore everyday chores.
- Satisfy your sweet tooth with Free Printable Sweet Treats Sequencing Worksheets for Preschoolers.
- Practice following directions with these How To Sequencing of Events Activities for Preschoolers & Kindergartners.
- Check out these Free Printable Carnival Sequence of Events Worksheets for some carnival-themed summer learning.
- These Free Printable Preschool Sequencing Worksheets teach preschoolers and kindergartners important personal hygiene routines including brushing their teeth and washing their hands.
- Blast off to space with these Free Story Sequencing Worksheets for Preschoolers & Kindergartners!
Sequence of Events Worksheets
Perfect for preschool and kindergarten, this big set of 25 worksheets includes lots of fun ways to practice 3 step sequencing with your little learners! Check out some of the fun themes in this 3-Step Sequencing Worksheets bundle below.
- Egg Hatching
- Ice Cream
I’ve created some fun seasonal sequence stories. There are 16 different order of event worksheets covering all 4 seasons of the year.
These worksheets are perfect for talking about the progression of the seasons with your preschool and kindergarten students.
Practicing putting these seasonal events in order can help children make sense of the changing weather and begin to understand the natural progression of the year in a fun and engaging way.
Check out the 4-step sequencing worksheets available in this Sequence Worksheets for Kindergarten bundle.
- Spring: Plant, Rain cloud, Arch, Bird’s nest
- Summer: BBQ, Campfire, Sandcastle, Lemonade
- Fall: Raking leaves, Apple pie, Scarecrow, Apple basket
- Winter: Fireplace, Hot chocolate, Snowman, Snow fort
Looking for even more 4-step seasons Sequencing Worksheets for Kindergarten? I just created a brand new bundle with even more sequence stories.
- Spring – Bird Nest, Birdhouse, Easter Eggs, Flower, Rainbow
- Summer – Diving, Kite, Ice Cream, Frozen Treat, Sandcastle
- Fall – Apples, Tree, Pumpkin, Raking Leaves, Squirrel
- Winter – Baking, Building, Candle, Snowman, Tree
Want more fun printables? Check out my other preschool and kindergarten worksheets. The life cycle activity worksheets are perfect for talking about order and sequence in the natural world with your little learners.
Check out these other awesome ideas for little kids!
- Find lots of quick and easy no-prep printable Preschool Worksheets!
- Learn important math and literacy skills with these printable Kindergarten Worksheets.
- This list is full of Free Coloring Pages to practice fine motor skills with your kindergarten learners.
- Explore creative thinking and problem-solving skills with these fun and engaging Process Art activities.
- Can’t get enough preschool and kindergarten worksheets? Check out my Teachers Pay Teachers store!
Is there a sequencing worksheet theme you want to see next? Share your ideas in the comments, I’m always looking for fun new themes to explore!