These sequencing worksheets are perfect for practicing story sequencing and reading comprehension skills with preschoolers and kindergartners; and with lots of different themes, you’re sure to find something your little kids will love!
You won’t want to miss these adorable sequencing worksheets. They are perfect for building important early learning skills with your preschoolers and kindergartners. Sequencing printables help kids practice putting events in order, story sequencing, and build important reading comprehension skills too.
I’ve created a variety of fun story sequencing worksheets for you to use at home with your little learners or in the classroom. These printables are ready to go, just download and print.
Want to learn more about the benefits of teaching your preschool and kindergarten learners about ordering the sequence of events? Keep reading to get a list of learning benefits and lots of exciting printable worksheets too.
Practicing sequencing has big benefits for little kids.
Understanding story sequencing helps children to follow along with a story more easily. Sequencing refers to a child’s ability to order events, thoughts, or images.
It allows children to more easily recognize patterns and predict what happens next. Understanding patterns and predictability is important for reading comprehension as well as early math skills.
Story sequencing involves identifying the beginning, middle, and end of the story. Children with good sequencing skills can recount the story or events in order without much difficulty.
Plus, it’s an easy way to help your students practice ordering events while having fun. I’ve also added some free sequencing worksheets for you to try too! Check out the many different options below.
Free Sequencing Worksheets
3 Step Sequencing
These Free Printable Sequence of Events Worksheets are perfect for practicing putting events in order with preschool learners or children new to sequencing.
There is a beginning image, middle image, and ending image. Children can practice their fine motor skills by cutting and pasting the pages in the correct order.
If your little learner isn’t quite ready for scissors, you can cut them out beforehand. Then, have your child arrange the pictures in the correct order. Finally, have fun coloring for more fine motor practice. Check out the adorable free sequencing stories in these worksheets.
- Birthday Cake
- Exploding Volcano
- Gumball Machine
- Monster Face
- Peanut Butter & Jelly
4 Step Sequencing
For a bit more advanced practice, try these Free Sequencing Cut and Paste Worksheets with your kindergarten learners. Children will need to use clues and critical thinking skills to determine the order of events.
These free 4 step sequencing worksheets are “how to…” printables. These are perfect for building reading comprehension skills. Check out these 4 step stories with your little learners.
- Make a Banana Split
- Bake a Cake
- Eat a Watermelon
- Make Lemonade
- Make Toast
Looking for more free 4-Step Sequencing Worksheets for preschoolers and kindergartners?
- Free Printable Ocean Kindergarten Sequencing Worksheets
- Free Printable Carnival Sequencing Events Worksheets
- Use these Free Printable Sequencing Activities for Preschoolers with your next island theme or even have a pirate adventure!
- Free Printable Pets Story Sequence Worksheets
- Free Printable Chores Story Sequencing Worksheets for Kindergarten
- Check out these awesome space themed Free Story Sequencing Worksheets for Preschoolers & Kindergartners. Teach little kids how the earth rotates around the sun and how the moon waxes and wanes using these free printable preschool & kindergarten worksheets.
- Free Sports Printable Sequencing Worksheets
- How To Sequencing of Events Activities for Preschoolers & Kindergartners
- These Free Printable Preschool Sequencing Worksheets teach preschoolers and kindergartners important personal hygiene routines including brushing their teeth and washing their hands.
- Free Printable Sweet Treats Sequencing Worksheets for Preschoolers
Sequence of Events Worksheets
Perfect for preschool and kindergarten, this big set of 25 worksheets includes lots of fun ways to practice 3 step sequencing with your little learners! Check out some of the fun themes in this 3-Step Sequencing Worksheets bundle below.
- Egg Hatching
- Ice Cream
I’ve created some fun seasonal sequence stories. There are 16 different order of event worksheets covering all 4 seasons of the year.
These worksheets are perfect for talking about the progression of the seasons with your preschool and kindergarten students.
Practicing putting these seasonal events in order can help children make sense of the changing weather and begin to understand the natural progression of the year in a fun and engaging way.
Check out the 4-step sequencing worksheets available in this Sequence Worksheets for Kindergarten bundle.
- Spring: Plant, Rain cloud, Arch, Bird’s nest
- Summer: BBQ, Campfire, Sandcastle, Lemonade
- Fall: Raking leaves, Apple pie, Scarecrow, Apple basket
- Winter: Fireplace, Hot chocolate, Snowman, Snow fort
Looking for even more 4-step seasons Sequencing Worksheets for Kindergarten? I just created a brand new bundle with even more sequence stories.
- Spring – Bird Nest, Birdhouse, Easter Eggs, Flower, Rainbow
- Summer – Diving, Kite, Ice Cream, Popsicle, Sandcastle
- Fall – Apples, Tree, Pumpkin, Raking Leaves, Squirrel
- Winter – Baking, Building, Candle, Snowman, Tree
Want more fun printables? Check out my other preschool and kindergarten worksheets. The life cycle activity worksheets are perfect for talking about order and sequence in the natural world with your little learners.
Is there a sequencing worksheet theme you want to see next? Share your ideas in the comments, I’m always looking for fun new themes to explore!