We love STEAM activities! What’s STEAM? The acronym stands for science, technology, engineering, art, and math. Usually, STEAM activities are activities that combine art with math and science in a fun and unique way.
By combining these subjects, we can help our kids learn to love math, science, and art too. Plus, it’s a whole lot of fun!
I’ve put together a huge list of STEAM activities to encourage your little learners to explore, build, invent, and get creative in fun new ways this year.
Choose just a few of your favorite activities, spend a month focusing on STEAM, or challenge yourselves to do the whole list of awesome STEAM activities together this year!
Why Kids Need STEAM
STEAM Activities are integrated learning activities that encourage kids to think outside the box. These projects help kids begin to consider solving real-world problems, creating new tools with creative thinking. Combining disciplines in this way has led to many amazing discoveries!
Are your kids asking “why do we need to learn this?” or “when will we ever use this?” Then you need a STEAM project!
These projects and activities are the perfect way to get kids engaged and help them understand how what they’re learning can come together to help create real-world solutions.
STEAM Activities for Kids
Ready to explore STEAM activities and STEAM projects with your kids? Check out these cool project ideas for more STEAM learning fun at home and in the classroom:
- Tie-Dye Investigation Station – Experience art and science as you create a fun tie-dye project with your little learners in this investigation station activity.
- Sink or Float STEAM Investigation – Learn why some objects sink and others float with a STEAM investigation that will get your kids talking and thinking outside the box.
- Pond Life STEAM for Preschoolers – Explore pond habitats with a STEAM activity that’s perfect for preschool learners.
- Nursery Rhyme STEAM Activity – Build fences for sheep in this nursery rhyme STEAM project your little learners will love!
- Cupcake Dough Preschool STEAM – Want a cupcake? Have some sensory fun with a preschool STEAM activity all about cupcakes.
- Treasure Hunt Preschool STEAM – Go on a treasure hunt with your little learners in this STEAM project they won’t soon forget.
- Preschool Bird Theme STEAM Activity – Learn about birds and how they use their beaks with this STEAM activity for preschoolers.
- Chalk and Water STEAM Investigation – Create art with wet and dry mediums with this STEAM investigation project using chalk.
- Baby Animals STEAM Investigation – Ever wondered how otters carry their babies around? Learn how otters balance their babies in the water with this cool STEAM activity.
- Color Mixing STEAM Activity – Discover what happens when you mix colors with an exciting STEAM activity for preschoolers.
- Dinosaur STEAM Ideas – Check out 5 different STEAM activities with your little learners this year!
- Quick and Easy Cooking Themed STEAM Activities – Get the kids interested in kitchen science with some real-world STEAM activities all about cooking.
- Bubble Play STEAM Activity – Have fun exploring and learning all about bubbles in this fun STEAM activity for little kids.
- STEAM Rock Structures for Preschool – Use rocks to build in this engineering STEAM project for preschool learners.
- Pyramid STEAM Station – Explore the desert and build pyramids with a STEAM investigation station your kids will love.
- Preschool Fire STEAM Investigation – Learn about fires and fire safety with this STEAM activity for preschoolers.
- Submarine Activity STEAM for Kids – Explore how submarines work with this quick and easy STEAM station.
- Octopus Activity Suction Cup STEAM – Experiment with suction cups to learn about octopus tentacles with this STEAM investigation station.
- Color Mixing Easter STEAM – Teach color mixing with this engaging and hands-on Easter STEAM!
- Wheel STEAM for Kids – Make your own wheels with this exciting engineering STEAM activity.
- Dinosaur Habitat STEAM for Kids – Explore prehistoric times and design your own dinosaur habitat with this unique STEAM investigation.
- Floating Icebergs STEAM for Kids – The perfect way to learn about polar bears! Your little learners will have a blast with this iceberg sensory STEAM investigation.
- Weather Science for Kids – Make it rain with this classic raincloud STEAM science experiment that includes a colorful twist!
All of these STEAM projects are perfect for exploring science, technology, engineering, art, and math with preschoolers and other little kids.
These fascinating yet simple STEAM activities will get your little learners excited about exploring the world around them and thinking critically this year.
Don’t forget to share your favorite STEAM learning activities in the comment section. Then, we can try your STEAM project next!