Are you a preschool teacher or homeschool mama who is looking for Winter Preschool Monthly Themes? If so, then I’ve definitely got you covered! Here are 10+ awesome ideas that are sure to inspire your little kids! You’re for sure going to want to check them out!
When we’re finally finished having all kinds of fall fun, it’s of course time to start thinking about winter preschool monthly themes and there are quite a few to choose from indeed. You know, because so many of these are favorites around here!
Every now and again, we stumble across an activity that’s a total hit. It ends up staying out for days. Sometimes, even weeks. And more often than not, it’s something that’s so simple I’m like why didn’t I think of that?
This post may contain affiliate links which means I may receive a small commission at no additional cost to you if an item is purchased through one of these links. For more information, please see my full disclosures.
I’m so excited for these preschool monthly themes. They’re seriously all kinds of awesome! The little guy and I had a blast with them the first time around and we’re totally looking forward to doing them again with baby girl.
While neither one of us are crazy about the cold weather, the little guy and I both love all the other things that come with winter. You know, Christmas, snow, candy canes and even hot cocoa. Well, I love hot cocoa and he loves candy canes but you get the idea. Lol…
Seriously, though. Winter is a wonderful time of the year for play-based learning. If you’re interested in our favorite 10+ winter preschool monthly themes, then definitely keep reading.
Winter Preschool Themes
- Nursery Rhymes – This is a classic preschool theme and one that I love for the cold winter days ahead. Lots of hanging out and reading stories for you and your little kids! And let’s not forget about fun craft projects too!
- Sights & Sounds of Winter – This is a new twist on an old favorite. It’s basically a winter-inspired five sense preschool monthly theme and the little guy loved every minute of it! We explored indoor and outdoor sights & sounds of winter. We talked about the fact that God gave us our five sense and what we use each of them for.
- Transportation Station – Going somewhere? Teach your preschoolers about transportation by land, sea and even air. You can focus on a different mode of travel each week and of course cover some transportation basics too. We learned about street signs and bridges and of course all about public transportation too.
- The Alphabet House – What a great time of year to review the alphabet and learn about house and home. You can teach little kids about places we live, rooms of the house, and even chores that we do. Little kids love pretending to do dishes and laundry as well as just about anything else they can do to help out at home or in the classroom.
- Winter in the Woods – This is a wonderful theme for teaching little kids about the woodlands and forest animals. We learned about pine trees, deer, and even owls. Of course the little guy loved it! How could he not? This one was especially relevant to us because we live very near to a large, woodland area and sometimes forest friends visit us and our neighbors’ yards. How cool is that?
- Rainforest Adventure – Looking to learn about a different kind of forest? Our Rainforest Adventure theme was another favorite around here. We explored the layers of the rainforest and the plants and animals that live there.
- Winter Wonderland – This was a great theme for learning about the arctic. We talked about ice and snow, tundra animals, and life in the arctic. We for sure had lots of fun learning about penguins and polar bears and even engineering igloos. It’s so different than what we’re used to here!
- It’s A Small World – This was a theme like no other! We traveled around the world and discovered both natural as well as man-made wonders of the world. We learned about maps & globes, currency, and explored a world market too. This is definitely one of my favorites and I can’t wait to do it all over again!
Of course let’s not forget about the more traditional winter preschool monthly themes!
- Winter – Obviously winter itself makes a great theme too! The season of winter, things to do and explore. There’s no shortage of ideas for what to learn about. Find what interests your little kids and go with it. That’s what’s amazing about the preschool years. Lots of play-based, child-led learning.
- Christmas – The most magical time of the year, right? We did a colorful Christmas sensory activity and of course our book Advent calendar was a huge hit too! Christmas is a very special time with a lot of significance and there are tons of creative ideas for crafts & activities that you could do with your preschoolers in December.
Are you a homeschool mom who has some favorites as far as preschool monthly themes? Leave a comment and share.
Preschool Seasons Printable Worksheets
More awesome preschool activities for every season:
10 Insanely Easy Spring Rainy Day Activities for Kids
10 Epic Summer Activities for Kids That You Won’t Want To Miss
10 Fantastic Fall Activities To Look Forward To As The Weather Gets Cooler
10 Wonderful Winter Activities for Inspiring Indoor Play
Don’t forget to stop by next week if you’re interested in seeing what we’re up to with preschool homeschool!