Practice problem-solving and fine motor skills with your preschoolers and kindergartners using these Free Printable Winter Mazes. Grab these engaging and hands-on kindergarten worksheets today!
I’m so excited to share these free printable Winter Mazes with you! Mazes are a fun and exciting way to build critical thinking and fine motor skills with your kids this Winter. Plus, these adorable snowflakes, penguins, and mittens are a lot of fun to color together too.
This post may contain affiliate links which means I may receive a small commission at no additional cost to you if an item is purchased through one of these links. For more information, see my disclosures here.
Mazes are a great way to get kids thinking this Winter and you can incorporate them into your preschool themes and lesson plans or just print them for a snow day.
Keep reading to get your free printable Winter mazes and some great ideas for seasonal activities, book suggestions, and worksheets too.
Learning with Free Printable Winter Mazes
Completing these free printable Winter mazes is a great way to help your little learners build important problem-solving skills. Mazes help kids build confidence, persistence, diligence, and patience. Plus, completing printable mazes is a fantastic way for kids to develop hand/eye coordination.
Preschoolers develop executive functioning skills when they practice solving mazes. Planning a path through the maze, brainstorming different options for success, and planning out the solution are all great for your little learner’s brain development.
Your kids can also build lots of fine motor skills and practice important pencil control as they move their pencils through these fun winter maze shapes. Then, cut out their printable maze shapes to create a fun Winter bulletin board.
Winter Learning Activities for Preschool
There are so many fun things to explore with preschool learners this Winter! Begin with these free printable Winter mazes. Then, you can add these other Winter experiences to your lesson plans:
- Go for a walk in the woods to observe the changes in nature during this season. Bring along a small bag for collecting things found in the woods (pebbles, evergreen, berries), or consider beginning a nature journal with your little learners this Winter.
- Snowstorm Process Art is a fun way to explore this Winter weather phenomenon with your early learners. Process art is perfect for exploring new topics with young children because it focuses on the process, not the finished product.
- Frozen Objects Winter Sensory Bin – create this fun sensory experience with a variety of textures, colors, and temperatures for your preschoolers to explore the season with some hands-on learning this Winter.
- Winter Photo Challenge – this scrapbooking challenge would make a really fun family or class project this Winter! Work together to capture images of the season and compile them for a fun scrapbook. You can even include short lessons about each of the topics you’ll be photographing together.
Winter Stories to Share with Kids
Reading together is definitely one of my favorite learning activities! Plus, it’s the best way to help kids fall in love with books and get ready to read. You can share some of our favorite Winter stories with your kids too. Try these fun titles:
- The Snowy Day* by Ezra Jack Keats
- Over and Under the Snow* by Kate Messner
- The Mitten* by Jan Brett
- Snowmen at Night* by Caralyn and Mark Buehner
How will you teach your little learners about Winter this year? Don’t forget to snap up these free printable Winter mazes to get you started. Then, share your favorite Winter learning activities in the comment section. I can’t wait to read your ideas!
Free Printable Winter Mazes
There are four Free Printable Winter Mazes included in this set.
Keep in mind that all preschoolers do things in their own time and on their own terms. What one is ready for, another might not be. Please use your best mama judgement when planning activities for your little kids.
I hope you enjoy using these free printable winter worksheets with your little kids as much as I enjoyed creating them with mine.
Get all four of our Preschool Seasons Printable Worksheets, a total of 52 fun, printable worksheets for little kids at a huge discount by purchasing them as a bundle here.
Learn more about the Preschool Seasons Printable Worksheets:
This is a digital product. You will receive a PDF only.
Don’t forget to stop by next week if you’re interested in seeing what we’re up to with our winter theme. And if you missed this year’s preschool homeschool space post, you can check it out here.
Looking for more insight & inspiration? Here are the top 10 most popular posts from The Keeper of the Memories. You’re definitely not going to want to miss these!