If you’re looking for quick & easy VBS crafts and activities, here’s a list of 20+ ideas to help little kids learn and remember lots of different bible stories and concepts. Check it out!
I’m excited to share all of these VBS crafts and activities with you that are perfect for teaching little kids all about the Bible. Keep scrolling to get access to all these awesome activities!
I have very fond memories of Vacation Bible School (VBS) growing up, so I was thrilled when my son went last year. He had a great time and he still talks about it!
VBS might only last one week, but with these resources you can keep learning about the faith with your little ones throughout the year.
This post may contain affiliate links which means I may receive a small commission at no additional cost to you if an item is purchased through one of these links. For more information, see my disclosures here.
VBS helps kids get involved with their church while learning about God and developing a deeper faith through fun activities and fellowship together.
Volunteering to help with Vacation Bible School can be a great way for parents to get involved. It’s the perfect way to get to know other parents in the church too.
Vacation Bible School Crafts
But, don’t Vacation Bible School teachers need lots of fun Bible activities up their sleeves? What if you aren’t crafty, but you still want to volunteer? Just keep scrolling and you’ll soon have tons of amazing VBS craft and activities to choose from.
Little kids learn from hands-on experiences and these Vacation Bible School crafts and activities are exactly that.
Encourage creative thinking and problem-solving skills and have lots of fun exploring God’s love in the process. This list will give you tons of awesome ideas.
Bible Story Crafts
In this list of resources, you’ll find crafts that explore familiar bible stories:
- Jonah and the whale craft: Kids can build their own whale from a paper bowl and construction paper.
- Daniel in the lions’ den: Children will enjoy making their own paper bag puppet lions with mouths that open and close just like the lions in Daniel’s story!
- Joseph and the coat of many colors: Little kids will love designing and decorating their very own colorful coat.
You can use crafts with your VBS class to help children remember these important Bible stories all year long. After all, what better way to teach these amazing stories to your little kids than getting creative!
These were all total hits with the little guy! Jonah and the Whale is still one of his favorite Bible stories. He had a blast making the whale craft and that was years ago.
Bible Lesson Crafts
Teaching more abstract lessons can sometimes be difficult. The following crafts are perfect for introducing important themes that don’t always line up with a certain Bible story:
- Jesus wants me to be kind: This memorable activity uses crafts sticks to help children remember important VBS lessons and verses.
- God heals my broken heart: This activity asks children to mend hearts made of paper as a way of illustrating how God heals our hearts.
- There is only one true God: Children can use blocks to begin to understand idols and learn that there is only one true God.
Crafts like forgiveness bracelets and religious art using important symbols like the cross or the fire of the Holy Spirit are a great way to help little kids understand abstract ideas in a more concrete way.
What an amazing adventure Vacation Bible School is going to be!
Keep scrolling to see all of the wonderful VBS crafts and activities and get started learning about the Bible with your little kids today!
- This Gifts from the Holy Spirit Knowledge Activity for Little Kids is a great way to teach little kids about the gift of knowledge.
- Make this Raining Fire Headband Craft for Little Kids and learn about the Holy Spirit with your little kids.
- This memorable Be Kind and Compassionate to One Another Memory Verse Sticks activity uses crafts sticks to help children remember important VBS lessons and verses.
- Learn about the Creation story and Adam and Eve with this fun Dust Creations Activity for Little Kids!
- The Forgiveness Bracelet Bible Story Art for Little Kids from this month’s curriculum was so cute and taught such a valuable lesson.
- Learn about worries with this quick & easy God Cares About My Worries Stormy Weather Activity for Little Kids!
- Explore nature and learn about God at the same time with this God Is My Rock Preschool Nature Study Bible Activity!
- Make a three-dimensional cross from cornstarch. This God’s Gift to Us Creative Bible Story Art for Little Kids is a wonderful sensory activity!
- Every day we need to take care of the seed and water it. In the same way, we need to pray and talk with Jesus so his love can grow in our lives. This Growing God’s Word Bible Story Art for Little Kids is perfect to teach this important bible lesson.
- This Heal My Broken Heart Activity for Little Kids asks children to mend hearts made of paper as a way of illustrating how God heals our hearts.
- This activity teaches little kids that no matter where we are, God is always with us. Check out How We Used Sand To Learn About Paul’s Journey.
- Here’s another beautiful nature-inspired Jesus Is My Rock Bible Story Art for Little Kids that your little kids are sure to love!
- Little kids will love designing and decorating their very own Joseph & the Colorful Coat Bible Story Art for Little Kids.
- We need to eat to stay physically strong and healthy. We need to read the Bible and pray to stay spiritually strong and healthy. This Look at the Birds Bible Story Art for Little Kids teaches your little learners why.
- Children will enjoy making their own Paper Bag Puppet Lion Craft for Kids with mouths that open and close just like the lions in Daniel’s story!
- Your little learners can use blocks to begin to understand idols and learn that there is only one true God with this Many Idols, One True God Activity for Little Kids.
- This Quick & Easy A is for Angel Door Hanger Christmas Bible Story Art for Little Kids is the perfect Christmas craft!
- Teach little kids that God is bigger than our suffering and will make us strong in the hard times with this Sand Cross Bible Story Art for Little Kids.
- Kids can build their own Whale Bible Story Art for Little Kids from a paper bowl and construction paper.
- This What is Perfect Activity for Little Kids is a quick & easy Bible lesson teaching little kids that Jesus is light and covers the darkness with his love and forgiveness.
I hope that you and your little kids enjoyed all of these awesome VBS crafts & activities!
Don’t forget to check back if you’re interested in seeing what we’re up to next week with our Birds & Eggs theme! And if you missed this year’s preschool homeschool space post, you can check it out here.
Looking for more insight & inspiration? Here are the top 10 most popular posts from The Keeper of the Memories. You’re definitely not going to want to miss these!