Check out this colorful unicorn sensory bin for little kids! Dyed rice in pink, blue, and purple makes this fun tray a hit with preschoolers! Add a few cups and spoons and let them explore to their heart’s content. You’re definitely going to want to try it out!
Unicorns are all the rage these days and especially for little kids. You know what that means, don’t you? Lots of experimenting with putting together a colorful unicorn sensory bin and of course we’re sharing the final result.
This post may contain affiliate links which means I may receive a small commission at no additional cost to you if an item is purchased through one of these links. For more information, see my disclosures here.
We used dyed rice pink, aqua, and purple, and added lots of shimmer and shine with stars and sequins. This sensory bin is sure to be a hit for the unicorn lover in your life.
It’s so quick & easy! Are you ready to get started?
Colorful Unicorn Sensory Bin for Little Kids
What you’ll need
- Ziploc Bags
- Cookie Sheet
- Liquid Watercolors*
- Wax Paper*
- Cups and Spoons
- Wood Veneer Stars*
Here’s how to do it
- First, you’ll want to dye the rice. I put some rice in a plastic Ziploc bag, added a little bit of liquid watercolor and shook it until all of the rice was the color that I wanted. You’ll want to start with a very small amount of liquid watercolor and slowly add more until you get the desired shade. For our colorful unicorn sensory bin, we used pink, blue, and purple.
- Remember to double-check that the bag is completely sealed and that you’re dying enough rice to cover the bottom of your cookie sheet.
- After that, I lined the cookie sheet with wax paper and dumped the rice out onto the cookie sheet. You’ll need to spread it out some so that it dries.
- Because you’re making a few different colors of dyed rice, you’ll need to repeat the process for each color.
- When the rice is completely dry (I usually let it dry overnight), I mixed it all together and dumped it directly onto the cookie sheet.
- To make this sensory bin all kinds of awesome, I added sequins and wood veneer stars.
Doesn’t it look awesome? My little kids were all about it and I’m sure that your little kids will be too!
This is one of the many reasons why I love being a creative mama. You know, because anything and everything that I could possibly need is most likely right here in the studio. And then some. Lol…
We grabbed some really fun sequins and even a few wood veneer stars to add some sparkle to our colorful unicorn sensory bin.
I really do love how this turned out! And of course make sure to add a few cups and spoons for your little kids to explore.
Don’t forget to stop by next week if you’re interested in seeing what we’re up to with our Family & Pets theme. And if you missed this year’s preschool homeschool space post, you can check it out here.
Looking for more insight & inspiration? Here are the top 10 most popular posts from The Keeper of the Memories. You’re definitely not going to want to miss these!