This Free Printable Starfish Template is perfect for practicing creative thinking and fine motor skills while making cute ocean crafts for preschoolers. You’re definitely going to want to add this printable starfish outline craft to your next ocean preschool theme.
Download this Free Printable Starfish Template and get started making lots of adorable sea star process art with your little learners today! Your preschoolers and kindergartners will have lots of fun practicing important early learning skills while making easy ocean art with this printable starfish outline.
It’s no secret that we love process art! After all, it’s a great way to encourage creative thinking, problem-solving, and of course fine motor skills. Not to mention, little kids love having the opportunity to explore new materials and mediums while enjoying engaging and hands-on creative art activities.
This post may contain affiliate links which means I may receive a small commission at no additional cost to you if an item is purchased through one of these links. For more information, please see my full disclosures.
Your little learners can color and cut out this free printable starfish template or even grab some paint and get messy. The options are endless for easy ocean crafts that you can make with this printable starfish image.
Keep reading to find out how you can use this free printable starfish template in your classroom or homeschool today!
Ocean Printables and Activities
If you’ve been following along with us, then you already we’ve been hard at work exploring all things under the sea this month. We had a few cardstock starfish cutouts that came with our preschool curriculum kit, but the little guy and baby girl were quick to create with them, so of course, we needed to make more. This starfish craft template definitely came to the rescue more than once!
Curious what other fun ocean crafts and activities we’ve done this month? Learn about sea creatures big and small with these favorites from The Keeper of the Memories:
- Practice story sequencing and fine motor skills with these no-prep cut and paste Free Printable Ocean Sequencing worksheets.
- This Octopus Activity for Kids is a wonderful way to explore suction cups and how they work.
- Learn about whales with this Whale STEAM Investigation Station. It’s not only the perfect activity for a hot Summer day, but also a great demonstration of how whales breathe.
- This Fish Activity for Kids is a fun hands-on water transfer activity that your little learners are sure to enjoy!
- Learn about the sea turtle life cycle with this Sea Turtle Activity for Kids and encourage your little learners to “hatch” the sea turtles (dig in the sand to find the rocks) and help to move them to the “ocean” (water).
Preschool Starfish Craft Ideas
- Print the starfish on heavy cardstock then use homemade puffy paint to squeeze dots onto your bumpy starfish craft. This is the perfect opportunity to discuss how sea stars move around on the ocean floor.
- Use bubble wrap, punchinella, and other unique textures to create bright and colorful mixed media starfish.
- Create a huge ocean collage on a bulletin board or wall and decorate your under the sea mural with these free printable starfish templates. Don’t forget to add your other sea creature crafts too!
- Doodle on your starfish using a white crayon and then paint over it to create funky wax resist starfish process art.
- After you decorate your starfish, add wiggle eyes and a craft stick to make a cute starfish puppet. Maybe even make a few and put on an ocean-themed play.
Free Printable Starfish Template
Keep in mind that all preschoolers do things in their own time and on their own terms. What one is ready for, another might not be. Please use your best mama judgement when planning activities for your little kids.
This is a digital product. You will receive a PDF only.
I hope you love using this free printable summer template with your little kids as much as I loved creating it with mine.
Don’t forget to stop by next week if you’re interested in seeing what we’re up to with our ocean theme!