If you’re a preschool teacher or homeschool mom, then you’re definitely going to want to stick around and explore all of the awesome preschool monthly themes here on The Keeper of the Memories.
Preschool is such a magical time. Little kids are so eager to learn and play and they’re of course really curious about the world that we live in.
By the way, this post may contain affiliate links. which means I may receive a small commission at no additional cost to you if an item is purchased through one of these links. For more information, see my full disclosures here.
We’ve covered so many interesting topics in the last few years and we’ve shared almost all of them in the form of weekly tot school and preschool activity posts including lots of quick & easy crafts, sensory activities, and all kinds of fun process art too.
I feel so blessed to be able to homeschool through the preschool years. It’s been nothing less than amazing to see the little guy grow and change as he discovers so many wonderful things around him.
You’ll find everything you could ever want from crafts and activities to fun picture book suggestions and even preschool worksheets.
I hope that you enjoy using these preschool monthly theme ideas with your little kids as much as I loved creating them with mine.
Preschool Monthly Themes
Getting Started with Preschool Monthly Themes
Check out these great ideas for monthly themes sure to get your preschoolers excited about learning all year long:
- 50+ Awesome Ideas for Preschool Monthly Themes
- 5 Fun Preschool Monthly Themes That Will Get Your Little Kids Excited About Learning
- Seasons Preschool Monthly Theme Crafts & Activities: Ideas for Every Season
Ideas for Preschool Monthly Themes
- 18+ Bible Preschool Monthly Theme Crafts & Activities – These fun craft ideas and process art projects focus on helping preschoolers understand God’s love, mercy, and forgiveness in tangible ways that speak to their hearts. Check it out to explore how God mends broken hearts or learn about how God can be our rock with a curated nature study with your preschoolers.
- 20+ Science Preschool Monthly Theme Ideas – You can study the properties of matter, color mixing, and chemical reactions with the fun science experiments and art projects in this fun Science theme for preschool.
- 5+ Fun Dinosaur Preschool Monthly Theme STEAM Ideas. – Does your little one love dinosaurs? If so, this is the perfect theme to explore with your preschooler! Explore dinosaurs through educational STEAM activities in this preschool theme. Your little one will enjoy making dinosaur footprint paintings and digging for dinosaur bones as he learns all about these amazing prehistoric creatures.
- 4 Quick & Easy Cooking Preschool Monthly Theme Science & STEAM Activities for Little Kids – Baking is a fun way to teach important math skills like measurement. It’s also an excellent way to introduce kids to some really delicious “chemical reactions!” You can explore baking with your preschooler using these four easy cooking activities.
- 4 Discover the Desert Preschool Monthly Theme Crafts & Activities for Little Kids – My favorite desert activity from this preschool theme study has to be the cactus resist art project. It’s such a fun way for kids to explore what we can and can’t see at night using crayons and watercolors on paper. Check it out along with some other awesome desert activities.
- 5 Creative Bees & Butterflies Preschool Monthly Theme Ideas – Bees and butterflies are amazing pollinators! Pollinators are an essential part of our food supply chain. In this creative theme, you can learn all about them and their fascinating life cycle together.
- 4 Orchard Harvest Preschool Monthly Theme Crafts & Activities – These fun crafts and activities center around exploring an orchard. Don’t forget to visit your local orchard to pick apples or blueberries this year. I think you’ll really love the dramatic play activity in this preschool theme. It’s an excellent way to learn about your local farmers’ market together through play.
- 4 Blast Off to Space Preschool Monthly Theme Ideas That Are Out of This World – We love learning about space! They also had a lot of fun with the themed activities in this outer space unit. You definitely don’t want to miss the galaxy glitter art experience.
- 4 Quick & Easy Safari Preschool Monthly Theme Ideas for Little Kids – You can explore the safari with your preschoolers right at home by creating a sensory safari habitat. Check out the instructions in this fun theme. Then, learn about migration through art and create your own safari beetles!
- 6+ Seriously Awesome Easter Preschool Monthly Theme Activities for Preschoolers – These awesome activities are perfect for Easter! You can explore egg painting techniques through process art and enjoy some Easter-themed sensory play activities that are perfect for preschool exploration.
- 4 Spring Gardening Preschool Monthly Theme Activities That Your Little Kids Will Definitely Love – Gardening isn’t something I’m good at normally, but with these fun preschool activities, even I can enjoy some flower fun this Spring! How about creating dandelions with squishy balls through a process art experiment? Then, explore growing your own grass together for a few weeks.
- 4 Fun Health & Fitness Preschool Monthly Theme Ideas for Little Kids – This theme is the perfect way to encourage your preschoolers to be physically active. Encouraging preschool kids to exercise helps them build healthy habits at a young age.
- 5 Transportation Preschool Monthly Theme Ideas That Will Get Your Little Kids On The Road To Learning – Do you have a preschooler who loves motorcycles and trucks? I do! This preschool theme is perfect for exploring vehicles together. It includes instructions for creating your own DIY building toys that you won’t want to miss.
- 4 Sights & Sounds of Winter Senses Preschool Monthly Theme Crafts & Activities – Winter is such a magical time! Even in Florida, you have winter fun with your preschooler using the snow diorama in this fun theme. Want to introduce your preschoolers to Jack Frost? Learn all about him while you play and learn with a fun ice-themed investigation station activity.
- 4 Fun Water Preschool Monthly Theme Science & STEAM Activities – You can explore bubbles, boats, and floats with this fun preschool science theme. Check out all the fun water STEAM learning activities!
- 5+ Awesome Science Lab Preschool Monthly Theme Craft & Activities for Little Kids – Raising a mad scientist? Me too! We love science experiments and I can’t wait to share some of these fun science labs just for preschoolers. These experiments are the perfect way to introduce your preschoolers to the laws of motion and chemical reactions.