Get creative with your preschoolers and kindergartners using this Pond Art Painting for Kids. You’re definitely going to want to add this engaging and hands-on process art painting for kids activity to your next nature preschool theme.
Do your kids love painting as much as mine do? We had a wonderful time learning about water using this Pond Art Painting for Kids. So much so that we did this open-ended art activity twice.
This post may contain affiliate links which means I may receive a small commission at no additional cost to you if an item is purchased through one of these links. For more information, please see my full disclosures.
A huge thanks to Experience Early Learning (formerly Mother Goose Time) for providing us with their Experience Preschool curriculum for free in exchange for sharing our honest and authentic stories resulting from our personal experiences. It’s been such a huge blessing to us! As always, my opinions on awesome stuff for little kids are 100% my own.
Not sure what to put on your lesson plan? Paint. It’s the perfect open-ended art activity. Practice creative thinking, problem-solving, and even fine motor skills quickly and easily with process art.
How to Make A Paper Pond
This pond art preschool activity is a great way to introduce new topics in your classroom or homeschool. We used this activity to learn about water. We explored measuring water, sorting in water, moving water, washing with water, and cooling off with water.
And of course, we made these adorable pond crafts using a variety of different types of paper. We used cardstock as background paper, cupcake liners for lily pads, and tissue paper for water lilies.
If your preschoolers and kindergartners just can’t get enough of this pond art for kids, you can extend the activity by making watercolor animals to add to your pond collage process art too!
Keep reading for even more pond life activities for preschoolers and kindergartners!
Pond Art Painting for Kids
What you’ll need
- Inspiration Photo
- Cupcake Liners
- Background Paper
- Paper: Blue, Green
- Tissue Paper
Here’s how to do it
- Display the Inspiration Photo. Set out all materials.
- What colors or shapes do you see?
- Will you tear your paper or cut it?
- How can you use the cupcake liners?
- Does the child use the materials to create a collage?
- Does the child cut or tear the paper into shapes?
Pond Preschool Theme
Learning about ponds is the perfect Spring preschool theme or nature thematic study topic. Life at the pond is sure to inspire your little learners to explore nature and get creative with these pond printables and activities from The Keeper of the Memories:
- Investigate the life cycle of a frog and enjoy the wonders of nature with these no prep printable Frog Life Cycle Worksheets.
- Explore dramatic play with this Preschool Pond Theme Blocks Activity! It’s quick & easy using supplies that you probably already have around the house.
- Teach little kids about pond life and pond plants with this Peaceful Pond Art for Preschoolers Invitation to Creative Process Art Experience.
- Learn about life at the pond with this quick & easy Preschool Pond Theme Algae Sensory Bag.
Don’t forget to check back if you’re interested in seeing what we’re up to next week with our EcoVenture theme from Experience Preschool!