These Free Printable Pine Tree Life Cycle Worksheets are a wonderful way to explore nature this Christmas season with your preschool and kindergarten learners. Grab your kindergarten worksheets today!
I’m so excited to share these Free Printable Pine Tree Life Cycle Worksheets with you today! It seems like every December when we do our winter and Christmas themes, we talk about the pine tree life cycle and this year is of course no exception.
This post may contain affiliate links which means I may receive a small commission at no additional cost to you if an item is purchased through one of these links. For more information, please see my full disclosures.
These pine tree life cycle worksheets are so incredibly versatile and work perfectly with all of your December preschool and kindergarten themes. This year, we’re going to learning about the arctic and ice & snow and I made these adorable no-prep printables to add to our winter activities too.
There are so many important early learning skills included in these free printable kindergarten worksheets. Your little kids will have the opportunity to practice everything from sequencing to fine motor skills and so much more!
Keep scrolling for even more ideas for your preschool and kindergarten winter unit studies.
Pine Tree Life Cycle
- Seed – Pine trees start out as seeds that are planted in the ground. Like other plants, pine trees need a few basic things to survive. I’ll never forget the day I asked the little guy what plants need to grow and he said, “Water, dirt, and light from the sun. That’s what plants need to grow!”
- Sapling – A young pine tree is called a sapling. One of our favorite activities was a pine tree investigation where we explored different types of evergreens and pinecones. This would be a great hands-on activity for preschoolers and kindergartners. We put together a wonderful STEAM station including pine tree branches, pinecones, magnifying glasses, and more.
- Pine Tree – As a sapling grows, it becomes a pine tree. If you have pine trees near where you live, be sure to make some nature-inspired art similar to this Preschool Tree Art Invitation to Create that we did a while back, but use fallen pine tree branches instead.
- Pinecone – Eventually a pine tree produces pinecones which contain seeds and the cycle starts again. The little guy has always been really interested in life cycles and especially the process of a seed becoming a plant. Have you ever tried Pinecone Painting for Kids? It’s a great open-ended process art activity to wrap up your pine tree life cycle study.
And of course, when you’re finished exploring pine trees, pinecones, and the pine tree life cycle, keep reading for even more winter-themed crafts and activities.
Winter Crafts & Activities
When I think of pine trees, I think of winter and Christmas. Check out these other fun winter crafts and activities that we’ve done. They’re perfect for putting together a fun and hands-on winter preschool theme.
- Check out this quick and easy Snowstorm Winter Process Art. These types of activities are a wonderful way of encouraging creative thinking and fine motor skills.
- Practice drawing adorable winter-themed images with these Winter Drawing for Kids. And of course, practice important creative writing skills too.
- Get creative with Free Printable Winter Coloring Pages. These adorable coloring pages are great for homeschool decor or even cute seasonal bulletin boards in your classroom.
- Your little kids will love this Frozen Objects Winter Preschool Activity. This activity is a wonderful sensory experience for preschoolers and kindergartners.
Free Printable Pine Tree Life Cycle
There are ten worksheets included in this pack. You’ll receive Life Cycle Sequencing, Life Cycle Matching, and Life Cycle Cut & Paste. Each of those worksheets has an answer key. There are also pine tree tracing worksheets included as well.
I created these Pine Tree Life Cycle Printable Worksheets to go along with our kindergarten science. This set includes:
- 1 color poster that can be printed to use in your science center
- 3 printable worksheets (matching, sequencing, cut & paste) with answer keys
- 6 pages of printables to create a life cycle book for each student
We used these activities as part of a week-long unit study.
Keep in mind that all preschoolers do things in their own time and on their own terms. What one is ready for, another might not be. Please use your best mama judgement when planning activities for your little kids.
I hope you enjoy using these Free Printable Christmas Worksheets with your little kids as much as I enjoyed creating them with mine.
This is a digital product. You will receive a PDF only.
Don’t forget to stop by next week if you’re interested in seeing what we’re up to with our winter theme!