Ocean tracing worksheets are a wonderful way to practice important pre-writing skills in a fun and hands-on way. Check out these great free printables today!
I’m so excited to share a new free printable today. Your toddlers and preschoolers will love these Ocean Tracing Worksheets, which make them absolutely perfect for your next under the sea preschool monthly theme.
Thanks for visiting! If you’re interested in following along with what we’re up to each week, definitely sign up via email and/or follow The Keeper of the Memories on Facebook, and Pinterest. This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my full disclosure policy here.
There’s just something about the ocean that’s so magical. Watching the waves crash against the shores, exploring how the tides rise and fall and even seeing the extraordinary sea creatures.
I remember the first time that we took the little guy to the beach. He was just a toddler and not even walking yet. I remember standing right at the edge of the water, holding his hands, and letting him feel the sand and surf for the very first time. Hopefully baby girl will get the same experience sometime soon too.
If only we could live on the beach, right? That would totally be the life. Hopefully one day we can make that dream a reality.
In the meantime. the little guy and of course baby girl are having a blast learning all about the ocean right here at home. We’re reading amazing books, doing lots of hands-on activities, and of course creating free printables too!
Why is tracing important for preschoolers?
Tracing creates an opportunity to practice pencil control, which is an important pre-writing skill for little kids. Using fun activities and themes is a great way to build critical fine motor skills that are fundamental for preschoolers.
Here are some other skills that your little kids can practice with these simple ocean tracing worksheets.
- Creative Thinking
- Problem Solving
- Hand Eye Coordination
- Attention to Detail
- Visual Spatial Skills
Under the Sea Activities
Are you looking for more ocean preschool monthly theme activities to add to your lesson plans? Check out this list for even more under the sea activities for toddlers and preschoolers.
- Whale Bible Story Art for Little Kids
- Color by Number Ocean Preschool Worksheets
- J is for Jellyfish Ocean Craft
- Stringing Coral Reefs Investigation Station
The little guy has loved each and every one of these ocean STEAM activities. Talk about one of our very favorite things to learn about.
There’s just something about the ocean that makes my heart happy. Learning about nature is truly beautiful and inspiring and the seashore is obviously no exception.
3 Ideas for Ocean Theme Preschool Activities
- Don’t forget to practice your preschool math skills with some seashells. Grab a dozen or so and work on counting and comparing. You could give your little kids a number and ask them to count out that many shells or even sort the seashells by size, color, or shape.
- Grab an art journal and get to work sketching all things under the sea. Check out Ocean Anatomy* to get you started. The author’s sketches are amazing and teach so many wonderful things while inspiring you to create a journal of your own.
- Another great idea for some additional learning is to use the shells to build letters. You can practice making both capital and lowercase letters using seashells quickly and easily.
Ocean Books for Preschoolers
There is seriously a never-ending list of ocean books for preschoolers. I thought I’d share just a few of our favorites. Hopefully you’ll find at least one that you and your little kids love too.
- The Rainbow Fish* by Marcus Pfister
- Swimmy* by Leo Lionni
- The Big Book of the Blue* by Yuval Zommer
- Night of the Moonjellies* by Mark Shasha
- Mister Seahorse* by Eric Carle
- Down, Down, Down* by Steven Jenkins
Free Printable Ocean Tracing Worksheets
Keep in mind that all preschoolers do things in their own time and on their own terms. What one is ready for, another might not be. Please use your best mama judgement when planning activities for your little kids.
I hope you enjoy using these free printable ocean tracing worksheets with your little kids as much as I enjoyed creating them with mine.
Get all four of our Preschool Seasons Printable Worksheets, a total of 52 fun, printable worksheets for little kids at a huge discount by purchasing them as a bundle here.
Learn more about the Preschool Seasons Printable Worksheets:
This is a digital product. You will receive a PDF only.
Thanks so much for downloading this resource from The Keeper of the Memories! I hope you love using it with your little kids as much as I loved creating it with mine!
Don’t forget to stop by next week if you’re interested in seeing what we’re up to with our Birds & Eggs theme. And if you missed this year’s preschool homeschool space post, you can check it out here.
Looking for more insight & inspiration? Here are the top 10 most popular posts from The Keeper of the Memories. You’re definitely not going to want to miss these!