This Ocean Sensory Bin is perfect for exploring natural science as well as practicing fine motor skills with your preschoolers this summer. Not only that but it’s an engaging and hands-on sensory activity that’s perfect for your next ocean preschool theme!
I’m so excited to share this adorable ocean sensory bin idea with you today! It’s a quick and easy way to introduce your ocean lesson plans in a fun and meaningful way! After all, little kids learn best through play and today’s ocean sensory bin is no exception.
This post may contain affiliate links which means I may receive a small commission at no additional cost to you if an item is purchased through one of these links. For more information, please see my full disclosures.
Sensory play is perfect for kids of all ages. Both the little guy and baby girl definitely enjoyed this one. I’m not sure if it was the blue water or the ocean figurines, but either way, it was for sure a favorite around here.
As homeschoolers, we love sensory activities. Not only are they lots of fun, but they’re also great for keeping little hands busy during read-alouds.
Keep reading for even more fun ocean-themed lesson plan ideas that are perfect for your classroom or homeschool!
Ocean Sensory Bin
What you’ll need
Here’s how to do it
- Fill the large bin with water. Add blue food coloring and ocean figurines.
- Encourage children to explore ocean dramatic play using the materials.
Hands-On Ocean Activities
Do your kiddos love hands-on activities? Are your preschoolers kinesthetic learners? If you answered yes to either of those questions, then you and your little learners are sure to love these hands-on ocean activities. You’re definitely not going to want to miss them!
- This adorable Coral Reef STEAM activity is a fun and engaging way to teach your little learners all about coral reefs.
- Practice important early learning skills such as counting, number recognition, and even fine motor skills using this Free Printable Jellyfish Activity for Preschoolers.
- If you’re looking for a fun way to practice fine motor skills, then definitely check out these Free Printable Tracing Ocean Preschool Worksheets.
- This Ocean Water Experiment is a great way to explore ocean science in an engaging and hands-on way.
- Explore visual arts and fine motor skills with your preschool-age learners using this Ocean Salt Painting for Kids!
Don’t forget to stop by next week if you’re interested in seeing what we’re up to with our Bubbles, Boats, & Floats preschool theme!