Are you having a hard time getting motivated? You so badly wish that you could get your craft room organized, but then you walk in and you’re paralyzed. You just don’t feel like it or maybe you’re not sure where to start. Either way, this post is for you! If you’re looking for some quick & easy ways to jumpstart your craft room organizing, then check out the list below!
Don’t forget to join us in the 52 Weeks Facebook group where you’ll find lots of insight + inspiration for getting your craft room organized!
I’ve been hard at work creating lots of awesome stuff for little kids! And of course working on some fun ideas for the 52 Weeks Facebook group too!
Today I wanted to share a few ideas to jumpstart your organizing! Are you struggling to get motivated? Are you having a hard time getting things done?
Thanks for visiting! If you’re interested in following along with what we’re up to each week, definitely sign up via email and/or follow The Keeper of the Memories on Facebook, and Pinterest. This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my full disclosure policy here.
Sometimes we all get into a funk and need a break, but more often than not we just need to push through.
How To Motivate Yourself to Get Organized
Are you having a hard time getting motivated? You so badly wish that you could get your craft room organized, but then you walk in and you’re paralyzed. You just don’t feel like it or maybe you’re not sure where to start.
Either way, this post is for you! If you’re looking for some quick & easy ways to get yourself back on track, then check out the list below!
6 Ideas to Jumpstart Your Craft Room Organizing
- Set a timer for 5-10 minutes once or twice each day. Working in short increments of time means that you’ll be super focused on the task at hand. While it might not seem like much after just a session or two, you’ll be surprised by how much you accomplish over the course of the week. Think about it! 10 minutes per day, 6 days a week, equals one hour.
- Make a list of pages and projects that you want to work on as soon as you get things organized and put it somewhere that you’ll see it every time you walk into your craft room. What a great motivator to get things to a point where you can create! After all, isn’t that why you started this hobby in the first place?
- Turn on some music! I’m not even kidding. I always feel super energized and motivated when we’re listening to upbeat music. Who knows! It might be just what you need to get things done. Do you have a special organizing playlist. The little guy and I do! Make one for yourself and then get busy. You’ll for sure be glad that you did.
- Reward yourself! Have you finished organizing your patterned paper? That’s for sure a tough job! Way to go! Go grab a smoothie or buy yourself a new book! Whatever works to keep you going. For some of us, those little incentives go a long way make even our least favorite chores a bit more tolerable.
- Schedule your organizing sessions for when you know that you’ll be the most productive. Are you a morning person or a night owl? Make it work for you! Set an alarm for early in the morning and work for 30 or so minutes or wait until after the kids are in bed and use organizing as a way to relax late at night.
- Invite a friend! Cleaning and organizing is so much easier when you have someone to encourage you. Don’t forget to return the favor. If having someone come over isn’t an option, then find an accountability partner via the Facebook group and check in with one another at least once every few days. Who knows! You might just find a new best friend.
Psst… If you haven’t already, you’re definitely going to want to come hang out with us in our 52 Weeks Facebook group. That’s where we’ll be chatting about the challenges and our creative spaces.
Thanks so much for visiting. Have an awesome week!