It’s that time of the month again. We’re talking about what we’ve been up to with Experience God. This month, it’s all about how God cares about our bodies and our memory verse is from Psalm 139:14.
I praise you God, I am wonderfully made.
Today’s activity couldn’t have been more perfect for preschoolers. We learned about how God heals our broken hearts.
And we used only a few basic supplies to illustrate our lesson. Talk about quick and easy, right?
This post may contain affiliate links which means I may receive a small commission at no additional cost to you if an item is purchased through one of these links. For more information, see my disclosures here.
A huge thanks to Experience Early Learning (formerly Mother Goose Time) for providing us with their Experience Preschool curriculum for free in exchange for sharing our honest and authentic stories resulting from our personal experiences. It’s been such a huge blessing to us! As always, my opinions on awesome stuff for little kids are 100% my own.
Keep in mind that all preschoolers do things in their own time and on their own terms. What one is ready for, another might not be. Please use your best mama judgement when planning activities for your little kids.
If you’re interested in putting together your very own Heal My Broken Heart activity, then you’re definitely going to want to keep reading.
Heal My Broken Heart
What you’ll need
- Black Heart
- White Napkin
Here’s how to do it
Ask: Which friends or family members could you tell about Jesus?
- Show the children a black heart. Explain that it is black because you have made many mistakes.
- Cut it in half and explain that Jesus makes your heart white as snow. Cover it with the napkin. He heals your broken heart with love and forgiveness.
- Give each child a heart and a napkin.
- Encourage children to cut their black hearts in half.
- Then, tear up the napkin and glue it onto the heart.
- Connect the two heart halves with the bandage.
Explain: God comforts us and heals our broken hearts.
Bible Preschool Monthly Theme Crafts & Activities
- Be Kind and Compassionate to One Another Memory Verse Sticks
- What Is Perfect Activity for Little Kids
- God’s Gift To Us Creative Bible Story Art for Little Kids
- Growing God’s Word Bible Story Art for Little Kids
- How We Used Sand To Learn About Paul’s Journey
- Many Idols, One True God Activity for Little Kids
- Sand Cross Bible Story Art for Little Kids
- Quick & Easy A is for Angel Door Hanger Christmas Bible Story Art for Little Kids
It’s such a powerful message, don’t you think? I actually flipped to this month’s memory verse in my bible and we read the ESV version too.
I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made. Wonderful are your works; my soul knows it very well.
One of the things that the little guy and I have been doing this school year is looking up our memory verses in each of our bibles. He has an NIrV Adventure Bible for Early Readers. This same verse in his bible is slightly different still than the others.
I want him to understand that there may be subtle differences in scripture and that there are different versions of the bible, but that God’s word is exactly that.
The skills listed for this activity were Shapes 16.2 and Visual Arts 32.1. I love that even Experience God lists the domain and skills for each activity just like the preschool curriculum.
I’ve actually been wanting to incorporate Experience God into our daily routine and, even as a homeschool mama, I love knowing that Mother Goose Time has everything already figured out for me.
All that’s left for me to do is spend time with the little guy. You know, because when it’s all said and done, that’s the most important thing.
I mean, seriously. An extra half-dozen or so activities each week that focus on a bible story already planned out for me with the supplies included… What more could I ask for?
Don’t forget to check back if you’re interested in seeing what we’re up to with our Weather All Around Us theme. And if you missed our preschool space post, then definitely check it out too!
Looking for more insight & inspiration? Here are the top 10 most popular posts from The Keeper of the Memories. You’re definitely not going to want to miss these!