Teach your little kids about the life cycle of a frog and enjoy the wonders of nature with these no prep printable Frog Life Cycle Worksheets. Grab yours today!
My children are fascinated by frogs! If your future scientist is equally entranced, you can explore these green amphibians with these new Frog Life Cycle Worksheets for little kids.
This post may contain affiliate links which means I may receive a small commission at no additional cost to you if an item is purchased through one of these links. For more information, see my disclosures here.
All frogs start out as eggs, then grow into tadpoles. As they grow, they lose their tails in favor of legs! You can use these no-prep printable life cycle worksheets to help your child learn and being to understand their amazing life cycle.
Keep reading for more cool frog related activities and lesson plans you can use to inspire your child to learn all about amphibians with these fun life cycle worksheets for preschool.
Practice Sequencing with Life Cycle Worksheets
Putting objects in a sequence will help your preschooler learn critical thinking skills, begin to understand cause and effect, and recognize patterns in nature.
Learning to sequence information is an important skill that helps young children synthesize what they’re learning. It’s a great way to build future problem solvers and naturalists!
These frog life cycle worksheets will help your preschooler begin to understand nature on a deeper level as they learn to recognize a frog’s complex life cycle in the correct order.
Frogs are the perfect animal for teaching kids all about life cycles in nature because each stage in a frog’s life cycle is distinctly different.
Frog Life Cycle
- Stage 1: Egg – Frogs are amphibians and start out as an egg in the water.
- Stage 2: Tadpole – At this stage, they live completely in water and do not resemble an adult frog at all.
- Stage 3: Froglet – As the name suggests, froglets look a lot more like adult frogs.
- Stage 4: Frog – The life cycle is finally complete. A fully grown frog can survive in and out of water.
If you’re looking for lots of fun hands-on ideas, then you’re definitely going to want to check out our At the Pond crafts and activities!
Frog Themed Storybooks
These easy printable worksheets cover each stage of the frog’s life cycle to help your preschooler remember every stage. Just print and get ready to learn! Then, check out one of these fun frog storybooks at the local library or book store.
- Frog and Toad Storybook Treasury* by Arnold Lobel. This popular early reader is perfect for children who are learning to read on their own. These adorable frog tales are the perfect way to teach important character lessons.
- The Frog Prince* by The Brothers Grimm. This classic fairytale is the perfect bedtime story for your little learners. I truly believe good fairy tales like this are essential childhood reading.
- Frog on a Log?* by Kes Gray. This rhyming story is perfect for preschoolers. It’s sure to have your kids spouting silly rhymes for days.
Exploring Frog Life Cycles Through Sensory Play
After you’ve discussed the frog life cycle and worked together on these fun worksheets, try some frog-themed sensory play. Sensory play is a really fun way to help young children make connections with what they’re learning while building important early motor skills.
For our sensory play activity, we used kinetic sand and Life Cycle of a Frog* figurines. You can learn more about how to create your own themed sensory station in my frog life cycle sensory activity post.
Frog Habitat Process Art for Kids
While you’re exploring the life cycle of the frog with these helpful worksheets, why not incorporate a fun art activity? I really like process art because it focuses on the steps and techniques rather than the finished product.
This frog habitat process art gives kids a chance to learn and explore the pond where frogs spend most of their lives through art. In the end, even if there isn’t anything frame-worthy to hang up, your little ones will have learned some important things about frogs and their habitat and the plants and animals they share it with.
Frog Life Cycle Printable Worksheets
I created these Frog Life Cycle Printable Worksheets to go along with our kindergarten science. This set includes:
- 1 color poster that can be printed to use in your science center
- 3 printable worksheets (matching, sequencing, cut & paste) with answer keys
- 6 pages of printables to create a life cycle book for each student
We used these activities as part of a week-long unit study.
Get your Frog Life Cycle Printable Worksheets via Teachers Pay Teachers here.
Keep in mind that all preschoolers do things in their own time and on their own terms. What one is ready for, another might not be. Please use your best mama judgement when planning activities for your little kids.
I hope you enjoy using these life cycle printable worksheets with your little kids as much as I enjoyed creating them with mine.
Get all four of our Preschool Seasons Printable Worksheets, a total of 52 fun, printable worksheets for little kids at a huge discount by purchasing them as a bundle here.
Learn more about the Preschool Seasons Printable Worksheets:
This is a digital product. You will receive a PDF only.
Don’t forget to stop by next week if you’re interested in seeing what we’re up to with our Island Treasure theme. And if you missed this year’s preschool homeschool space post, you can check it out here.
Looking for more insight & inspiration? Here are the top 10 most popular posts from The Keeper of the Memories. You’re definitely not going to want to miss these!