Strengthen fine motor skills with your little learners this fall using these Free Printable Fall Fine Motor Mats. These engaging and hands-on free printables are perfect for your preschoolers and kindergartners. Grab yours today!
If you’re anything like me, then you’re always searching for new ways to teach your kiddos important early learning skills. These adorable fine motor mats are perfect for kinesthetic learners.
Not only that, but they’re also quick and easy. Just print and laminate for a fun fall-themed learning activity that your preschool and kindergarten learners are sure to love!
This post may contain affiliate links which means I may receive a small commission at no additional cost to you if an item is purchased through one of these links. For more information, please see my full disclosures.
Practice pre-writing and fine motor skills with your little learners today! Grab a set of these free printable fine motor mats and some playdough and let’s get started!
Keep reading for even more engaging and hands-on ideas for practicing important early learning skills with your preschool and kindergarten learners this fall!
What are Fall Fine Motor Mats?
Fall is such a beautiful time of the year. The weather is getting cooler and the leaves are changing. What better way to celebrate the season than getting creative with these adorable fall dough mats?
Not only are these quick and easy fall activities a great way to encourage creativity, problem-solving, and fine motor skills, but they’re also lots of fun!
There are so many possibilities for using these free printable play dough mats. They’re perfect for fall preschool themes such as apples, leaves, and even pumpkins.
Once you’ve printed and laminated your free printable fine motor activities, all you need is some playdough and a little imagination for lots of fall-themed learning fun!
How to Use Fine Motor Mats
Fine motor mats are incredibly versatile and a great learning tool for kids of all ages. Keep reading for three ways to use these free printable fine motor mats for both fun and learning:
- Stamping – Encourage children to use small objects such as buttons, feathers, or coins to make imprints in the dough. This is a fun and engaging way to explore textures and patterns with preschoolers and kindergartners.
- Tracing – Include lightweight paper and crayons for children to practice tracing the fall designs. This is a great way to improve fine motor skills as well as practice pre-writing.
- Sensory – Invite your preschool and kindergarten learners to explore different colors and scents of playdough. Grab some rolling pins, cookie cutters, and loose parts, and then work together to create a fall scene.
Benefits of Sensory Play
Play dough and other sensory materials are childhood classics. Sensory play has so many important benefits for preschoolers. Here are five ways that sensory play benefits early learners.
- Strengthen fine motor skills – rolling and shaping dough requires children to use the small muscles in their fingers and hands. Developing fine motor skills is important for activities such as coloring and using a fork to eat.
- Inspire creativity and imagination – When we give children time and space to be creative and use their imaginations, they’re developing important creative thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Improve focus and concentration – Activities such as this one are perfect for helping preschool and kindergarten learners improve their focus and concentration while improving attention and persistence.
- Encourage communication skills – Using sensory play as part of your small group and center activities is a great way to improve communication skills as children share ideas, listen to feedback, and practice working together and taking turns using the supplies.
- Pre-writing and literacy skills – These fall fine motor mats include traceable words that your early learners can practice writing. Be sure to include dry-erase markers in lots of fun fall colors!
If you’re looking for the perfect fall fine motor activity for your morning tubs or early finishers, then check out these fall fine motor mats. They’re a great low-prep way to teach your preschoolers and kindergartners important skills while also having lots of fun.
We love homemade playdough and these great recipes from Natural Beach Living are obviously no exception. The amazing fall scents coordinate perfectly with these free printable fall fine motor mats.
Fall Fine Motor Mats
To get your Free Printable Fall Fine Motor Mats via email, just enter your information above.
Keep in mind that all preschoolers do things in their own time and on their own terms. What one is ready for, another might not be. Please use your best mama judgement when planning activities for your little kids.
I hope you enjoy using these free printable fine motor activities with your little kids as much as I enjoyed creating them with mine.
This is a digital product. You will receive a PDF file only.
Don’t forget to stop by next week if you’re interested in seeing what we’re up to with preschool homeschool!