Welcome to week 3 of Creative Space Bootcamp. This week is of course all about the small things. For some of us, this will probably be a relatively easy challenge. For others, not so much. Are you ready to get started?
Your assignment for this week is to organize all of your embellishments.
If you’re looking for the corresponding posts from the 52 Weeks to an Organized Workspace challenge, here are the links.
And while we’re on the subject, you’re definitely going to want to check out The #1 Reason Why You’ll Never Get Your Creative Space Organized + What You Can Do About It.
This awesome post talks about the concept of input vs output and why it’s so important when it comes to getting your creative space organized.
The little guy and I had another productive week around here, which means that this week’s to-do list is all kinds of done. Like I said, you’ve totally got this! If my 8+ month pregnant self can do it, then so can you.
Oh, and don’t forget to take a minute or two to laugh at the idea of me climbing on chairs with my huge belly in an attempt to organize my wire rack by myself. Fun times! Lol…
If you saw my post in the 52 Weeks Facebook group, then you know exactly how much of a disaster my Paper + Projects were. And a lot of the issue wasn’t even my supplies themselves. It was definitely more about all the clutter.
There was literally stuff everywhere and the overwhelming majority of it had absolutely no business being in the studio in the first place.
The Stanley Jr. tool set that the little guy got for Christmas is a really good example. Some of his tools had made their way into the living room so that he could help daddy, but the rest were still on my wire rack. Why am I not surprised?
I’m definitely in love with how it turned out, though. It so much easier to find what I’m looking for when everything’s organized.
We went to Michael’s on Friday and grabbed a half dozen or so Iris cases for our patterned paper stash. Because this is patterned paper that I don’t use all that often, I wanted to keep it from getting dusty as much as possible.
The patterned paper in the Cropper Hoppers is what I’m much more likely to reach for and that’s why I kept it out. It’s so quick & easy to just grab one of the vertical paper holders and move it to wherever I happen to be working.
Ditto with the metal locker baskets. There were so many miscellaneous kids craft supplies in them. I skimmed through each one and made sure that there was only one type of supply in each.
Most of them are full of mini albums or chipboard pieces. I keep all of my Cricut supplies in one and the other is full of various types of adhesives.
This was one of those organizing projects that I tackled a little bit at a time throughout the weekend. I pushed the large table and chairs over to the other side of the room so that I’d have more space and just started rearranging and reorganizing things.
Here’s what my creative space to-do list looks like after week 2. Obviously, the next thing on the list is embellishments.
My Creative Space To-Do List
Planning Your Creative Space
Do a quick rearrange and reorganize of the little guy’s space Organize all of the little guy’s books Move the sensory toys and the other children’s table out onto the deck
- Clean off all of my workspaces
Paper + Projects
Sort through the little guy’s toys Decide how I want to organize patterned paper Organize my wire rack Take a few minutes and check out the scrap situation
- Sort through each of the pink and black baskets full of embellishments
- Find a permanent home for all of my washi tape
- Do a quick once-over of my small embellishment jars
Tools + Supplies
- Sort through everything that’s in the wooden organizer on my desk
Pocket Pages + Planners
- Find a permanent home for my Project Life tray
- Organize all of my Project Life core kits
Art Journals + Ephemera
- Go through everything that’s in the cube storage unit
- Sort through the little guy’s art work and decide what to keep for his portfolio
Mixed Media + Supplies
- Sort through each of the pink and black baskets that are full of art supplies
- Reorganize all of my spray inks and make sure they all work
- Sort through Copics and mixed media + art journaling supplies that are on my workspace
- Wipe off masks and templates and check binder rings
Ideas + Inspiration
- Do a quick once-over of my personal Pinterest boards
All Things Digital
- Organize digital photos on my laptop
- Clean camera equipment
- Make sure that all photos are backed up
Jewelry Making + Metal Stamping
- Organize beads into clear screw-top containers
Sewing, Quilting, & Yarn
- Sort through sewing cart
- Wipe off sewing machine
Wrapping Things Up
- Decide whether or not to get rugs for this space
- Sand and paint the table and chairs
Looking for more insight & inspiration? Here are the top 10 most popular posts from The Keeper of the Memories + how to get your free printable workbook. You’re definitely not going to want to miss these!
Thanks so much for visiting. See ya next week!