Welcome to week 2 of Creative Space Bootcamp. This week, the focus is on paper + projects.
Now that you’ve planned your creative space and hopefully have a better idea of what you’re looking to get out of this challenge, let’s start taking a detailed look at individual categories of supplies. Are you ready to get started?
Your assignment for this week is to organize all of your solid cardstock, patterned paper, and scraps. You’ll also want to spend some time thinking about projects in progress & kits.
If you’re looking for the corresponding posts from the 52 Weeks to an Organized Workspace challenge, here are the links.
Oh, and don’t forget to check out The Ultimate Patterned Paper Organizing Post. This post includes links to ideas for organizing patterned paper by color, by collection, and by category. You’re sure to find something useful.
I definitely got a lot done in the last week or so. And of course one of the big things on my creative space to-do list was to figure out the book situation. If y’all remember, I got this awesome cube shelf a while back and it’s sort of turned into a fun library for the little guy.
He spends quite a bit of time just kinda hanging out and looking at books. And did I mention that we also got a cart similar to my Ikea Raskog cart just for him. We use it for his preschool homeschool stuff.
On the top are all of his “workbooks.” You know, things like ABC Sticker Activities and Doodle and Draw Spots, Stripes, and Squiggles. There are lots of manipulatives and art supplies too. And Ziggy. We can’t forget about Ziggy.
I may or may not have spent an asinine amount of time organizing all of the little buy’s books by either series or topic, but I digress. Either way, it’s been a really productive week around here.
Here’s what my creative space to-do list looks like after week 1. I still need to clean off all of my workspaces, but here’s to hoping that I can get that accomplished tomorrow. Otherwise, it’s on to paper + projects.
My Creative Space To-Do List
Planning Your Creative Space
Do a quick rearrange and reorganize of the little guy’s space Organize all of the little guy’s books Move the sensory toys and the other children’s table out onto the deck
- Clean off all of my workspaces
Paper + Projects
- Sort through the little guy’s toys
- Decide how I want to organize patterned paper
- Organize my wire rack
- Take a few minutes and check out the scrap situation
- Sort through each of the pink and black baskets full of embellishments
- Find a permanent home for all of my washi tape
- Do a quick once-over of my small embellishment jars
Tools + Supplies
- Sort through everything that’s in the wooden organizer on my desk
Pocket Pages + Planners
- Find a permanent home for my Project Life tray
- Organize all of my Project Life core kits
Art Journals + Ephemera
- Go through everything that’s in the cube storage unit
- Sort through the little guy’s art work and decide what to keep for his portfolio
Mixed Media + Supplies
- Sort through each of the pink and black baskets that are full of art supplies
- Reorganize all of my spray inks and make sure they all work
- Sort through Copics and mixed media + art journaling supplies that are on my workspace
- Wipe off masks and templates and check binder rings
Ideas + Inspiration
- Do a quick once-over of my personal Pinterest boards
All Things Digital
- Organize digital photos on my laptop
- Clean camera equipment
- Make sure that all photos are backed up
Jewelry Making + Metal Stamping
- Organize beads into clear screw-top containers
Sewing, Quilting, & Yarn
- Sort through sewing cart
- Wipe off sewing machine
Wrapping Things Up
- Decide whether or not to get rugs for this space
- Sand and paint the table and chairs
Looking for more insight & inspiration? Here are the top 10 most popular posts from The Keeper of the Memories + how to get your free printable workbook. You’re definitely not going to want to miss these!
Thanks so much for visiting. See ya next week!