These easy life cycle worksheets are a great way to teach your kids all about the life cycle of a chicken while learning more about sequencing and nature. Grab yours today!
I can’t wait to share these new Chicken Life Cycle Worksheets with you! These fun printables are an easy way to introduce your early learners to the life cycle of these feathered friends. It’s a great activity to include in farm-themed preschool lessons.
Thanks for visiting! If you’re interested in following along with what we’re up to each week, definitely sign up via email and/or follow The Keeper of the Memories on Facebook, and Pinterest. This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my full disclosure policy here.
The little guy loves all things farming and the chicken life cycle is such a natural extension of that.
Learning about the life cycle of a chicken with these printable worksheets is a great way to introduce your kids to these amazing animals as well as extend your farm learning in a unique way.
Keep reading to check out more fun chicken learning activities you can include in your lesson plans.
Chicken Life Cycle
The chicken life cycle is a wonderful opportunity to practice ordering objects with preschoolers.
- Stage 1: Egg – After the mama chicken lays an egg, a chick starts to grow inside. One of our favorite picture books describing exactly how that happens was Where Do Chicks Come From?* by Amy E. Sklansky
- Stage 2: Hatchling – When the chick is ready, it hatches from its egg. Did you know that hatchlings have a tiny lump called an egg tooth? That was one of the many facts that we learned this school year while exploring the chicken life cycle.
- Stage 3: Chick – Baby chickens are often referred to as chicks or “peeps.” We had lots of fun with our Birds & Eggs theme not too long ago. If you’re looking for lots of quick & easy Birds & Eggs crafts and activities, you’re definitely going to want to check out what we did.
- Stage 4: Chicken – When a chick grows up, we call it a chicken. A female chicken is a hen and a male chicken is a rooster.
Putting objects in the correct order, also called sequencing, is an excellent way to teach kids critical thinking skills as well as cause and effect. You can also practice patterns by observing patterns in nature.
Sequencing information helps young children synthesize what they’re learning so, it’s the perfect way to build future problem solvers and encourage budding naturalists!
Chicken life cycle worksheets will help your preschooler begin to understand nature on a deeper level as they learn to recognize the life cycle and arrange it in order.
In addition to teaching your preschooler important lessons about how chickens grow and develop with chicken life cycle worksheets, you can learn valuable lessons from quality picture books featuring chickens too. Check out these cute chicken tales my kids love and enjoy them with your kids too:
- The Little Red Hen* by Jonathan Allen
- Chicken Little* by Nicola Evans
- Interrupting Chicken* by Ezra Stein
Exploring the Chicken Life Cycle Through Sensory Play
Around Easter, the kiddos and I put together a colorful egg sensory bin that we loved exploring together. Sensory bins are an excellent way to provide tactile stimulation for your preschooler.
Kids can explore a variety of textures with this egg sensory bin as they manipulate colorful pom-poms, plastic eggs, and buttons.
A great way to adapt this activity to make it even more perfect for learning about the chicken life cycle is to use yellow and orange pom poms, plastic eggs and buttons and include these Life Cycle of a Chicken* figurines as well.
Your little kids will have not only a wonderful sensory experience, but also a great hands-on way to learn all about this amazing life cycle.
These adorable egg bins are also the perfect way to encourage your child to use his imagination! For extra fun, provide some cups and watch as your little ones explore scooping and dumping the many colorful objects available in this sensory play activity.
Don’t forget to get your chicken life cycle worksheet printables today to start learning about eggs, hatchlings, chicks, and chickens with your preschooler. Then, share your learning memories with me in the comment section. I love reading about your learning adventures!
Chicken Life Cycle Printable Worksheets
I created these Chicken Life Cycle Printable Worksheets to go along with our kindergarten science. This set includes:
- 1 color poster that can be printed to use in your science center
- 3 printable worksheets (matching, sequencing, cut & paste) with answer keys
- 6 pages of printables to create a life cycle book for each student
We used these activities as part of a week-long unit study.
Get your Chicken Life Cycle Printable Worksheets via Teachers Pay Teachers here.
Keep in mind that all preschoolers do things in their own time and on their own terms. What one is ready for, another might not be. Please use your best mama judgement when planning activities for your little kids.
I hope you enjoy using these life cycle printable worksheets with your little kids as much as I enjoyed creating them with mine.
Get all four of our Preschool Seasons Printable Worksheets, a total of 52 fun, printable worksheets for little kids at a huge discount by purchasing them as a bundle here.
Learn more about the Preschool Seasons Printable Worksheets:
This is a digital product. You will receive a PDF only.
Don’t forget to stop by next week if you’re interested in seeing what we’re up to with our Island Treasure theme. And if you missed this year’s preschool homeschool space post, you can check it out here.
Looking for more insight & inspiration? Here are the top 10 most popular posts from The Keeper of the Memories. You’re definitely not going to want to miss these!