As a Mother Goose Time blog ambassador, I receive the Mother Goose Time Preschool curriculum in exchange for my honest and authentic stories resulting from our personal experiences. As always, my opinions on awesome stuff for little kids are 100% my own. Keep in mind that all toddlers do things in their own time and on their own terms. What one is ready for, another might not be. Please use your best mama judgement when planning activities for your little kids.
We’re still working on Bugs + Crawly Things and today was all about ants. We did this fun Ants invitation to create process art experience and I wanted to share it with y’all.
Activities like this are just one of the many reasons the little guy and I fell in love with Mother Goose Time. I mean, c’mon… What more could I ask for? He gets to experiment with new materials and mediums and I get a research-based curriculum, which means all of the work is already done for me.
If you’re interested in putting together your very own Ants invitation to create for your little kids, then definitely keep reading.
Ants Invitation to Create Process Art Experience
- Ants Photo
- Dot Stickers
- Nature Items
- Where do you think ants live?
- Set out the inspiration photo, paint, paintbrushes, markers, and nature item in the center of the table.
- Give each child a cone, a piece of paper, and some sand and stickers.
- Which of the supplies can you use to to make an anthill?
- How can you use the sand and make it stick to your design?
- Will you draw ants or use the stickers to make them?
- What nature items will you need for your design?
- What art techniques did he use while creating his design?
The little guy had so much fun with this activity. He used the cone to make an anthill and of course the dot stickers became ants.
I definitely wouldn’t trade this time for anything. I love every minute that I spend learning with the little guy. You know, because they’re only little for so long and there’s something so magical about the preschool years.
Looking for more insight & inspiration? Here are the top 10 most popular posts from The Keeper of the Memories. You’re definitely not going to want to miss these!
Thanks so much for visiting. See ya next week!