Welcome to week two of the 52 Weeks to an Organized Workspace challenge. We survived week one, y’all! Go ahead and give each other a virtual high-five. You totally deserve it!
Alright, did you manage to get your desk cleared off? Do you feel better already… Maybe, like a huge burden was lifted off your shoulders? Okay, so that might be a bit melodramatic, but you get the idea. I wanted you to start small and tackle something that would give you immediate results.
If you didn’t get to your desk last week, no worries. You can catch up this week. Psst… I didn’t get to mine either. We’re totally still working on the baseboard in my studio.
The inspiration for this week’s challenge comes from My Love Affair With The Label Maker. This is an absolutely amazing blog created by a professional organizer who also happens to scrapbook. If you were a member of Two Peas in a Bucket before the site unexpectedly shut down last year, you might remember me hosting several rounds of the Organize Your Stuff Challenge.
I still occasionally refer to her awesome blog posts and I’ll definitely share a few throughout this challenge that I feel are especially relevant to what we’re working on. Of course, I want to say thanks so much to Stacy for putting all of this awesomeness out there on the word-wide web, so we can all benefit from it.
Let’s get to it, shall we?
This week, we’re going to do a space audit. Here’s how it works. You’re going to do something creative and while you’re at it, make some notes about what works and what doesn’t in your creative space.
Having an idea of how you work is huge when it comes to planning a creative space. Are you inspired by having lots of your stuff scattered around you or does too much clutter paralyze you? Are you constantly up and down and all around looking for stuff? Do you prefer to sit or stand while you create? Keep these questions in mind as you work through this week’s assignments.
Don’t forget to print the 52 Weeks Printable Week 2 space audit worksheet.
Here’s your homework for this week. You have two assignments.
- If you haven’t already, create an inspiration board. You can see how I used Pinterest to create mine. As you work through these next few weeks, it really important for you to have at least a general idea of what you want to accomplish.
- Print the 52 Weeks Printable Workspaces Worksheet and start working through it. This is how we’re going to make decisions about what goes where in our creative spaces. If you’re someone who wants to create separate workspaces, this one’s for you. We’ll talk a little bit more about it later in the week.
Psst… If you haven’t already, you’re definitely going to want to come hang out with us in our 52 Weeks Facebook group. That’s where we’ll be chatting about the challenges and our creative spaces.
Just to review, here’s your to-do list for this week.
1. Answer the question of the week.
2. Print the 52 Weeks Printable Week 2 worksheet and do your space audit.
3. Create an inspiration board for your space.
4. Print the 52 Weeks Printable Workspaces Worksheet and start working through it.
Leave a comment and share a link to your inspiration board.
Thanks so much for visiting. See you next week!