Something that I’m hearing over and over again is that we can’t seem to find the time to organize our creative spaces much less actually make stuff in them. And that’s a shame, don’t ya think? This thing that’s so important to us and yet we never actually get around to doing it.
I hear ya, mama. Life is busy. Between little kids, having a career, and of course homemaking, it can seem as though we never have time for ourselves. Been there, done that.
Let me tell ya something. It doesn’t get any easier. I thought for sure that I’d have lots of free time if I were a work-at-home mama. And yet, the reality has been anything but. What I do know is that organizing your creative time isn’t all that much different than organizing your creative space. And we all know how important that is, right?
Are you curious about how we’re fitting it all in? Keep reading to learn five ways that creative mamas can find the time to actually make stuff.
- Watching TV isn’t exactly our thing. Every once in a while, I’ll sit down in the living room with my husband, but I don’t even have a clue what’s on these days. It’s really not something that’s important to me. The way I see it, I have more time to do the things that I actually want to do everyday if I’m not spending an hour or two watching who knows what on TV.
- Our creative space is well-organized. You know, because it doesn’t do us any good if we spend our time trying to find supplies instead of actually making stuff. This is probably one of the biggest reasons that you should get your creative space organized. It makes everything else so much easier. Oh, and bonus points for anything that helps us to be more productive when we actually are creating.
- Making stuff is part of our daily routine. Yep! You read that right. And I’m sure you’re probably like what a revelation, but just hear me out on this one. Every single day, the little guy and I spend time in the studio. I write or work in my journaling bible and he’s always got something that he’s in the middle of. It’s a habit for us. And it’s not something that either one of us is interested in giving up anytime soon.
- We leave projects out whenever we can. Most of the time, there are projects scattered throughout our entire creative space. I’ve always done this with my stuff, but I’ve been making a point of doing it more with the little guy too. There are almost always projects in progress on both of my workspaces and I usually have stuff set up for him to do each day too. You can actually accomplish a lot just by taking advantage of a few minutes here and there as you walk past your projects throughout the day.
- We find hacks for the everyday stuff. After all, who wants to spend all their time cleaning and running errands? I know I don’t. We’ve gotten to the point where we can most of our daily chores done pretty efficiently. I try really hard to get through what we have to do as quickly as possible, so that we have more time for what we want to do every day. And for us, that approach seems to work.
We’ve made lots of changes in our lives so that the little guy and I have more time to hang out in the studio. You know, because I want him to grow up making stuff. Being creative is something that’s important to both of us.
I’m definitely working really hard to ensure that we’re living an inspired life. We’ve adjusted our priorities, organized our spaces, and created a daily routine. We’ve even made a few sacrifices, but you know what? When it’s all said and done, we wouldn’t change a thing.
Are you ready to finally get your creative space organized once and for all? Join thousands of other creative mamas who are doing just that with this free 52 Weeks to an Organized Workspace challenge.
Do you have a favorite way to make more time for being a creative mama? Leave a comment and share.
Thanks so much for visiting. See you next week!