It’s that time of the month again. You know, when we share what we’re up to with Experience God. This month, it’s all about Proverbs 3:5 and how God asks us to have faith.
Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding.
The little guy definitely loves these activities and especially the fact that we almost always do them together. I get enough materials for two kids. Someone shared that little tip with me a while back and it’s been so worth it since then I can play along too.
Thanks for visiting! If you’re interested in following along with what we’re up to each week, definitely sign up via email and/or follow The Keeper of the Memories on Facebook, and Pinterest. This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my full disclosure policy here.
If you’re interested in learning how we used Experience God from Mother Goose Time along with wooden blocks to explore the idea of having only one true God, then you’re definitely going to want to keep reading.
Many Idols, One True God Activity for Little Kids
Ask: How many is one?
- Invite children to show you one finger, one nose, one piece of hair and so forth.
- Set out a pile of blocks. Invite children to show you one block. Explain that there is only one God.
- Explain that idols are pretend gods that people invent. Invite children to take 5 blocks and build an idol.
- How many blocks do we need to remove to have only one remaining block?
- Challenge each child to set aside one block then count the remaining blocks in his tower.
- Repeat, but build with a different number of blocks.
Explain: Pretend gods will be destroyed. Only God is eternal and will always be with us. He is the one true God.
The little guy and I spent some time talking about the idea of one. He showed me one finger and of course one block too.
We also worked together to build an idol. We took turns building, knocking it down, and then starting all over again. We definitely had lots of fun and I love that Experience God gives us something extra to look forward to each month.
Don’t forget to check back next week to see what we’re up to with our new Superheroes theme. And if you missed our preschool space post a while back, you can check it out here.
Looking for more insight & inspiration? Here are the top 10 most popular posts from The Keeper of the Memories. You’re definitely not going to want to miss these!